I know I'm a hot minute late but to use the old cliche...this week has been CA RA ZY. Obviously my first resolution will be to stop making excuses...ha...ha... I've also lost my funny this week, I'm trying really hard to retrieve it.
Anyway, here they are
1) Practice patient parenting with my strong willed toddler. Although I'm a strong believer in always staying calm when dealing with kids, I've found it more and more difficult lately to keep my cool when my son refuses to listen or resorts to tantrums over everything. I question my ability as a mother when I can't get him to obey or even hear what I'm saying so between frustration with myself and him sometimes I yell, I snap, I have no patience. But starting today (*ahem* yesterday) I'm going to research and practice ways to stay patient. AGH, I have never been a patient person, having a child really forces you to just kick that shit right outta yourself.
2) Cut C some slack. He's a great guy and puts up with my crazy very patiently. He lets me get my way a lot of the time, he shrugs it off when I'm a raging you-know-what for no reason, he's easy going, and he never complains about the lack of meat products in our home. So when he procrastinates I can let it go, when he doesn't remember to do laundry, put his clothes away, pick up his socks, or help clean I can nicely remind/ask him instead of freaking out about how I'm the only one doing anything around here, etc. In other words I can focus on the good and try to let the not-so-good slide.
3) Figure out a budget and stick to it instead of carrying on with my current system...Winging It. Where to start? No clue.
4) Less Netflix, more reading! A book a week seems plausible. I'll give that a shot and if doesn't pan out I can knock it up to a book a month. Now...where to find these books. Any ideas? Online book club perhaps?
5) Incorporate healthier eating habits into my life. Easier said than done I realize. Perhaps a vegan day a week? I would love to go vegan again full time but it seems wildly overwhelming and quite pricey.
I think 5 is a good number. Especially 5 as hefty and noble as mine! Now I need a game plan for each of those. Time to hit the list making.
Happy belated new year all! Hope it was as fabulous as my night of couch time with C and Netflix;)